Norway Sail to Ski
Dates: April 24 – May 1, 2021 | Departure: Tromsø, Norway | Group Size: 7 per Yacht | Price: Starting at $3200 per person
One of MountainSea’s personal favorites, our Sail to Ski trip in partnership with Backcountry Magazine and Sail Norway is on for April 2021! For the second annual voyage, we embark upon a journey of a lifetime exploring the fjords of Norway’s most Northern county of Finnmark and the Lyngen Alps. Each day we begin with a large breakfast before setting out to find and crush epic powder lines without the crowds. Led by expert guides, we will find the terrain perfect for the crew’s ability level, the green light terrain for the folk who like their wide turns and some tighter, steeper and technical terrain for the adventurers seeking true adventure. We are going to really see what Norway has to offer!
The one week sailing and skiing adventure around the Finnmark region of Norway is a once in a lifetime experience and one to check off the bucket list. We spend the week chasing powder, hiking empty peaks and skiing from summit to sea. The package includes, all food catered and prepared by our staff, certified ski guides with local expertise, a trained skipper with expert knowledge of the cruising grounds and a focus on safety without compromising fun, all experienced from a cabin aboard a modern sailing vessel. Ski in Norway this spring where the sun doesn’t set, and experience the trip of a lifetime…
This voyage is led in partnership with our friends at
This trip is an adventure for those of you who want to sail to the foot of a mountain, prepare your skis and skins on the beach, ascend and then ski down the purest, powdery hills Norway can offer. Ski to Sail is a trip for those of you who enjoy challenges and want to experience something unique, wild, raw and beautiful
– whether you’re experienced or a beginner.
We have 5-6 full days of skiing in the areas of Lyngsalpene, Kågen, Malangenfjorden, Øksfjordhalvøya and for our final leg we sail through Altafjorden; not only a super exciting area for pristine skiing, but also for sailing. The ascents we complete during our trip will be planned according to the skill level of the group, weather, and conditions in general. After our daily climb and ski, we set sail for the next port and prepare ourselves for the following day. This is an active trip with a focus on experiencing this wild natural area, whether it’s behind the helm of the yacht or taking in the view at the top of a 1,500 meter peak before skiing back down to the boat. The luxury of having a ski guide onboard also means we will maximize our time in the mountains and descend new lines every day.
- 40’ to 50’ sailing vessels with large galleys, double cabins and hot showers.
- Professional yacht crew with extensive experience in the region leading sail to ski voyages.
- Trained and certified ski guides with extensive experience in the region an in leading groups in the backcountry.
- Safety is paramount and each guide has avalanche safety certifications.
- All meals onboard.
- MountainSea representative to guide the group through the entire experience in Norway. Guide has extensive experience in the backcountry, wilderness medical certifications and experience, and 16 years of sailing in multiple locations around the world, including the arctic.
- Expenses for diesel, gas, and harbor fees.
- The use of water equipment like ribs, kayaks and stand up paddle boards
- American Sailing Association Certifications
- ASA 101 – Basic Keelboat Sailing
- ASA 103 – Coastal Cruising
- ASA 104 – Bareboat Chartering
- ASA 114 – Cruising Catamarans
- Avalanche safety courses
- Airport transfers
- Meals onshore
- Alcoholic beverages (Many places to buy throughout the voyage)
- Travel insurance
- Crew gratuity
“It’s hard trying to put a trip together ourselves from so far away. We don’t have the experience. We’ve done so many things this week that we would have never done if we had done it on our own.”
Billy and Eileen